Thursday, August 30, 2007
How are ya? Welcome to Detroit.
Detroit has always been a city that has very interesting social dynamics to me, especially when encountering issues of race and ethnicity. To be honest, I don't know much about the daily goings-on of the city, or very much about what goes on in Michigan at all for that matter, which makes this blog that much more fascinating to me. I first became intrigued by Detroit after hearing about the race riots in the 1960s and from then on I have wanted to learn more about it. Never having been there, I think it is going to be really cool to become immersed in a place I know basically nothing about, really giving me the opportunity to act like a sociologist and study group interaction from an outside perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have never even heard of the race riots that happened in detorit city. i have been to this city before and it was so amazing. even ythough we went during the monsoon season it was so beautiful. the rain there was so pretty and the building were so tall. i relaly enjoyed it even though we really didnt get to see the whole city
I'm really interested to hear about what is going on in Detroit. The only thing I know about Detroit is Eminem and that movie 8 Mile, so that's prpbably not the best image I have of it. So hopefully you'll be able to give me some positive outlook on the city and show that it has more to offer than just an underground rap scene. :0)
Dumb question...was he black? I was just wondering. When I was researching social and economic factors I found the same old stuff....that the whites are always better off. Most of the news though in the papers is generally sad like that. :-(
Post a Comment