Sorry, I forgot to include this with the original post, but here it is.
The biggest images I associate with Detroit have to do with major social class distinctions, which may be why I think there are an above average number of violent deaths and other crimes in the city, and an amazing drive to experience and support various sports teams. I do think that the myth of Detroit having a huge number of poor people is true, and I do think that correlates with ethnic and racial minorites, those in poverty primarily being black people. The love of sports is definitely an accurate perception, which can be seen when looking at the most popular headlines of any online newspaper. They tend to be flooded with information on sports idols and what is happening in their life, and I definitely had to dig deeper to get information about what's going on in the rest of the world, outside of sports, if such a thing does exist. I think more of these myths and actualites will become clearer as the semester doing this blog progresses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment